A native of Brownsville, Texas, Micheal “Mike” Albert Hernandez III works as the chief executive officer of D&M Leasing in Dallas. Away from work, Mike Hernandez III supports several charitable initiatives, including the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVP), a faith-based organization that provides help and hope to those in need.
SVP operates on seven key values:
1. Christ as the center. The recognition and acceptance that Jesus Christ is present everywhere.
2. Respect. In acknowledging that all people are created equal, SVP maintains the dignity of those it supports.
3. Compassion. A nonjudgmental approach to its work ensures SVP volunteers demonstrate compassion at all times.
4. Responsiveness. SVP remains alerted to the ever-evolving needs of the communities it supports, enabling it to respond accordingly.
5. Generosity. Volunteers must give of their possessions, resources, and time in service of the less fortunate.
6. Confidentiality. SVP respects the privacy of those it serves while understanding that the well-being of vulnerable people is the main priority.
7. Accountability. SVP volunteers understand their own skills and knowledge, which helps ensure accountability for their actions.